450 US Route 4, Canaan, New Hampshire, United States of America
What We Offer
• Starting pay of $18.00 per hour,
Up to $1.00/hour additional increase available when proficient at various machines.
• Production bonus available
• Paid training while working alongside an experienced mentor
• A chance to grow your career with a stable company owned by Nucor, North America’s largest steel producer
• A full benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a College Tuition Scholarship Program.
What You’ll Do
Bend, cut, bundle and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer’s orders. You’ll work with a mentor who will train you on safely using all machinery.
• Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
• Operate a shearing machine or a power saw to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths, and a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
• Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
• Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
• Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
• Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Must be age 18 or over
• Able to read and comprehend basic safety and operational instructions
• Able to perform basic math for accurate bar measurements
What You Need to Know
• Due to the operating conditions of the position, this is a safety sensitive position
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• Must be able to work any shift
• Some heavy lifting may be necessary
• Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold